Powered by Blogger.

Lookbook: Puff Sleeves and DIY skirt

Monday, November 5, 2012


What I'm Wearing
Romwe Top - sold out but here's a solid version of it.  A more casual version for $14, or a pretty stripe top from Marc by Marc Jacobs.
DIY Skirt (made for me by my awesome mother in law) - similar in red,  similar for under $20, love the gold polka dot skirt from Kate Spade
Vintage Chanel bag - read here for my tips on buying vintage Chanel.  I didn't know ASOS sold vintage Chanel but they have a classic flap (albeit quite pricey for a vintage).  Or check out this gorgeous vintage jumbo flap.

I'm definitely lucky in that I adore my in laws.  I know a lot of people that don't have the same situation so am very thankful that I have amazing in laws :)  We went to visit them a few weeks ago and my mother in law is a fabulous quilter so we were talking about a few things and we ended up going to the fabric store.  While we were there, we found this adorable polka dot fabric that already had the elastic on top, I'm assuming for beginner (or lazy?) sewers that don't want to deal with sewing the elastic on.  I thought it was too cute and bought the fabric and my mother in law did her magic on the sewing machine and I had a very adorable skirt in under an hour!  She actually added a bit of tulle to the bottom of it which made it even more adorable.  I love it so much, thanks N!

No comments:

Post a Comment