Powered by Blogger.

Bumpdate: Half way there!

Thursday, April 25, 2013

I've passed the half way mark and am now a little over 5 months.  Kind of crazy to me how fast this time has gone!  Baby has been quite active since 18 weeks and I love feeling the little flutters in my stomach.  I had a normal appetite up until 19 weeks when I was a hungry hungry hippo and that's also when my bump grew the most.  I don't have any weird cravings but I eat a lot of fruit!  I can't get enough of it.

We also found out a couple weeks ago what we are having... 
Her first onesie!  I thought it was quite appropriate with all of the necklaces :)

Funny thing is when I first started telling friends and family that I was pregnant, everyone assumed I wanted a girl probably because I'm so girly myself but I've never had a strong desire for a girl or a boy even before I was pregnant.  I've never been the girl who thought about dressing up her daughter and doing all sorts of fun girly things.  I quite honestly just wanted a healthy baby regardless of the gender.  When we found out it was a girl I think everyone else was more excited about it being a girl than I was.  Although not my husband, he was pretty sure it was going to be a boy :)  Not that I'm not excited but because I didn't lean either way, I wasn't whooping or hollering for either gender.  I was just glad to finally be able to buy stuff for the baby! 
My sister bought her this little coat, it's my favorite thing ever!  It's got a bow on the back too.  And I had to get her these adorable skinny jeans.  How could I resist?

Thanks so much for all the kind words and advice during my pregnancy.  I so appreciate it and am happy to be sharing this journey with you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment