Powered by Blogger.

{Life} Five Goals for 2014

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

With the coming of a new year comes the inevitable wave of goals, future plans and lists that follow, penned hopefully in those pretty new agendas we're almost too scared to write in. But so long as the 'R' word isn't used, it should be OK... Now I don't know what it is, but setting 'resolutions' is seriously the kiss of death for me — there's just too much pressure surrounding the word, and I've never made a resolution that I've managed to keep... ever. Sorry past Vickie, but took ya long enough to figure that one out! Goals on the other hand, now that I can get behind. So with that in mind, here are five things I endeavor to do in 2014:

1. Put my health first.
This sounds pretty obvious, but 2013 was largely spent in a carb-fuelled, sleep deprived state. This year I plan on eating right, exercising, uping my water intake and making sleep a priority, no matter what.

2. Become an adult.
Along those lines, I would also like to become a more responsible human being in general. That will involve paying bills on time, meal planning, visiting the doctor and the dentist more regularly, etc.

3. Think ahead, financially speaking.
I hate thinking about money, but this year I endeavour to put my financial house in order... And if that means no more Saturday morning visits to Shopbop, so be it.
4. Choose happiness.
It's really easy for me to dwell on the negative aspects of life or let stress get the best of me, so I want to make 2014 as pleasant as possible for myself and all those who are stuck with me... You're welcome, everybody.

5. Plan a wedding.
It's been a year since Mr. AiF and I got engaged and I still haven't even sized my ring yet — needless to say, I need to get on this whole wedding thing pronto!

But enough about me, what are your goals for the new year? Share what plans you have up those sleeves of yours and let's inspire each other to be the best we can be in 2014! xx

Photo by Maria Laliotis, super mom

No comments:

Post a Comment