Powered by Blogger.

{DIY} Birthday Headbands

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

What do you do when your birthday falls on DIY Tuesday? You guessed it friends, make celebratory headbands, of course! So grab your glue and plastic letters (everyone has those, right?), because it's cake time!


SUPPLIES: PLASTIC LETTERS (AVAILABLE AT MICHAEL'S) | PLAIN HEADBANDS | E-6000 OR GLUE GUN
TIME: 1 HOUR | DIFFICULTY: EASY
Start by mapping out where your letters will go on the headband so that everything is nice and evenly spaced out. Using a generous amount of glue, press each letter down one-by-one until they set in place. The hardest part of this project is waiting for the letters to dry, especially the lightweight ones without bases (I'm talking about you, I's and T's), so be patient... It's worth it!
 
After about an hour of gluing and drying, you're done! I would advise letting your headbands set overnight for best results, propping them up on something to keep them upright as they dry. My advise would be to check on the letters periodically during this time to correct any tipping letters (case in point: that pesky 'I' in 'Birthday Girl').
I'm not entirely sure what today has in store for me, but I'll be working a half-day in the morning before playing hooky with Mr. AiF for the rest of the day. All I know is there better be cake! And you can bet I'll be wearing this headband as I devour every last bite... xx

Photos by Adventures in Fashion

No comments:

Post a Comment