Powered by Blogger.

Guess 30th Anniversary

Wednesday, June 6, 2012


I remember the first pair of jeans that I truly coveted were a pair of Guess jeans with ankle zippers.  When my mom bought them for me, I think I wore them every single day for at least a month straight (or at least I wanted to—I’m sure my mom made me change). LOL!  I totally have great memories of ’80s and ’90s fashion, and although some things were just terrible and should stay there (hello, hairspray bangs and triple layering socks!) some things I’m actually happy to see come back into style. Guess is celebrating their 30th Anniversary with a limited-edition women’s capsule collection, and they’ve brought back so many of their iconic styles that we all loved.   I love that they combined their original styles and updated them with a modern influence.  My favorite of course is the jeans!
For some reason, I thought zippers at the ankle were just the coolest thing as a kid, and well, I still think they’re cool!  Every time I buy a pair of jeans with zippers at the ankles, I always think of my very first pair of Guess jeans.

A few other pieces from the anniversary collection that I adore are the printed denim, which look so fabulous in both black and white, I’m not sure which one I want more.  The photo on the right is from the Guess 1992 campaign!  It’s just as fabulous today as it was then! 
Guess has always done leopard print fabulously, and this top is just one of those classics that you can have in your closet forever.  I love how amazing Claudia Schiffer looks in it (back in 1989!) and how timeless it still looks.  
  
There are a lot of great styles in this collection, so make sure to check it out here!

About GUESS? Inc.
Established in 1981, GUESS began as a jeans company and has since successfully grown into a global lifestyle brand. Today GUESS designs, markets, and distributes full collections of women's, men's, and children's apparel as well as accessories. Throughout the years, the GUESS image has been portrayed in unforgettable, innovative campaigns that have made the brand into a household name. GUESS is distributed throughout the United States and Canada in fine department and specialty stores, its retail and factory stores, and on its online store, GUESS.com. GUESS has licensees and distributors in South America, Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia, and the Middle East. In addition to shopping online, you can find more information about GUESS at www.guess.com.

Disclosure: Compensation was provided by GUESS? Inc. via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of GUESS? Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment