Powered by Blogger.

Hair Care Products

Thursday, June 21, 2012

I used to be just a wash and dry girl.  I remember being a teenager and my mom asking me to please do something with my hair all the time and I was always like "Why? it looks fine."  Oh how far I've come from that :)  I'm kind of crazy about taking care of my hair now and I use a lot of products and get sucked into buying products that promise to keep my hair healthy/shiny/voluminous. I've done a few hair products posts but wanted to do an update since a few of the products have changed.  My long time readers may remember when I got my digital perm and then the proceeding damage it did to my hair which then led me to cut my hair which I really tried to like but ultimately I hated.  I'm finally at a good place with my hair (literally and figuratively, LOL!) and my hair is back to being healthy again which I'm so glad. 

I've been using this Shampoo and Conditioner from Yuko for the past few months.  It's part of their Anti-Frizz line which does exactly that. The kit also comes with a heat activated leave-in conditioner and a finishing serum.  I love the kit and if I was little less high maintenance with my hair I'd probably be pretty happy with just this kit.

I use a few other products to keep my hair healthy.  I have a ton of hair and it just gets all limp and yucky if I don't take care of it, so I try to keep it healthy so it stays shiny and full.  I use all these products but not daily and all at once.  I basically just pick and choose the products based on if I washed my hair that day, how much product is already in my hair and what I feel like it needs.


Wen Re Moist Intensive Hair Treatment  - sometimes my hair can be so dry so I like to give it a bit of moisture and life with this hair treatment.  It smells yummy. 
WEN Sweet Almond Mint Replenishing Treatment Mist - this was my first WEN product and I liked that it was such a simple concept that I hadn't seen in other hair products before.  It basically just revives your style so say you had a great hair day and then woke up and the potential of your great hair is still there.  Just give a few spritz of this in your hair and fluff it up and you are as good as new. 
Blow Pro Heat Is On Protective Styling Mist - Since I use a lot of heat styling tools I like to make sure that my hair is protected so I use this protective spray before I blow dry.  Does it work? I have no clue but I like to think that it works so that's why I use it. :)
ALTERNA Bamboo Smooth Kendi Oil Dry Oil Mist - I LOVE this stuff.  It smells so good and I like to spray it in my hair after I'm done styling it because it gives it a bit of shine and  keeps the frizz away that you can get after curling your hair.
Josie Maran Argan Oil Hair Serum - sometimes your hair needs something more intense than the spray so I like to use argan oil to keep my ends healthy.  I just put a little bit in my hands and run it through my hair, concentrating on my ends.  I will say that to be careful and not use too much or else your hair can be a bit greasy.  A little goes a long way.  And as much as I love the Josie Maran Argan oil, it's a bit pricey so I found this great alternative for double the size and half the price.

And I'm sure I've mentioned this before but I'm crazy about vitamins.  You should see my vitamin drawer.  I take vitamins for everything.  I spend too much time reading about vitamins and which ones I need to take.  It's ridiculous.  Anyway, the ONE vitamin that I convince every girlfriend/female family member to take is Biotin which is a vitamin for stronger hair, skin and nails.  I've been taking this daily since I cut my hair (I hated it so much I wanted to find some kind of magic to make my hair grow) and my hair did grow and it grew fast!  My nails are also much stronger now.  I recommend this to everyone.  It's awesome!  They sell it at Costco too if you want to just get a big bottle that will last you awhile.  And don't just take it once in awhile, take it every day along with your multi-vitamin which is how I remember to take it.  I've always had thick hair but it's super crazy thick now and at the rate it grew, I know that the Biotin had to have helped.


So, hope that helps with my hair care products and let me know if you have any questions!  Tomorrow I'll do a post on what tools I use and my favorite dry shampoos.


Disclosure: The Yuko hair care kit and WEN products were provided by the respective companies for consideration but no reviews/coverage were promised and these are my honest opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment