Powered by Blogger.

My Favorite Hair Tools & Dry Shampoo

Friday, June 22, 2012

So yesterday I went over my favorite hair care products and now I wanted to share my tools and my absolute favorite hair product, dry shampoo.

The Solia has been hands down my favorite flat iron that I've ever used.  It does a great job of straighteting my hair but also curling it too!  I love it and when my mom borrowed it from me she loved it to so I had to get her one for Mother's Day.  It's such a great tool and it's the one I travel with and reach for most often.  I was a devoted T3 hair dryer user until one day it exploded while I was blow drying with it (scariest thing ever) so I switched to this highly recommend Elchim and have been very happy with it.  It looks heavy but it's not so my arms never get tired from blow drying.  And the other curling tools I use are the John Freida and T3 Twirl.  I have them in different sizes so they produce different curls but I think not only that, the way the barrels are shaped just give a different style as well.  With the John Freida I can do better relaxed curls while the T3 gives me more volume and "fancy" curls.


I have super slippery hair after I wash my hair so I can never style my hair right after I wash it.  Sometimes I can't wait the extra day to get "dirty" hair so that's where dry shampoo comes in and I can get a bit of texture to it and help it keeps it style.  You wouldn't think that there would be many differences to dry shampoo but after using a few I've found that I have different uses for each.

The best and cheapest drugstore version is the Psssssst Instant Spray Shampoo .  I've been using it for the past few years and i mostly use it to help give me volume at the roots.  Klorane is a new one for me but when I was getting my hair done for the Guess video shoot, the hair stylist used it on me and he said it's his favorite.  I did like how my hair looked on the shoot, plus I'm highly influenced by people's recommendations so I had to go out and buy it. :)  I love the Oscar Blandi Dry Shampoos and I had to buy both, the spray version and the powder version.  I've found that spray dry shampoos are better at giving your hair texture because you can spray it all over and brush it through.  For powder dry shampoos, these are best for getting the grease out of your roots and helping your hair look fresh another day.  I do like the Oscar Blandi powder version but my all time favorite (and it has been for a really long time) is the Stila Hair Refresher.  It smells really great and the moment my hair is looking a little limp or dirty, I put a bit in, comb through the roots and my hair instantly looks better.
Stila Hair Refresher - slightly cheaper at Amazon
So there you go! I do use a few other various tools to help style my hair but these ones are pretty much the main ones that I use all the time in any kind of hair style.



On a makeup note: I just wrote a post on my favorite eyeliners and mascara.  Check it out here!

No comments:

Post a Comment