Powered by Blogger.

40th Anniversary of Title IX

Saturday, June 23, 2012




From Nike:
June 23, 2012 marks the day that represents 40 years of access to sports for female athletes throughout the country. 

Nike will honor that day. 

Many of us have been directly or indirectly affected by Title IX. Our approach in celebrating the 40th Anniversary of Title IX is to inspire forward; based on the legislation that broke down barriers, created opportunities and changed the rules. Athletes who have and continue to “play by their own rules” help to pave the way for future generations. Our campaign will continue to inspire and encourage today's athlete to "Make the Rules" and set the stage for generations behind them. We will set out to inspire the future generation of athletes to "Make the Rules". 

As I mentioned on my last post, I'm helping Nike celebrate the 40th Anniversary of Title IX and for me, the importance of Title IX probably affected almost all of my activities in high school.  I wasn't a huge athlete but I participated in enough sports to realize that I loved being active which I think has helped me in my adult life to keep a consistent work out schedule.  Coming from an Asian family, sports weren't high on the priority list like academics were but my parents still kept us very busy with swimming and tennis and then when I got older I joined a few teams in high school but really settled into Cheerleading and Tennis as my main activities.  I loved every moment of being parts of these teams and I can't imagine growing up without having the chance to particulate in them.  I love the commercial that I linked to above and I think it's important that we keep supporting and encouraging girls to participate in sports.

And of course it wouldn't be me without adding a bit of fashion in here :)  My favorite part about sports is that I get to buy cute shoes for those activities too.  The Nike Free Run sneakers are my current favorite.  They are SO light and I just love working out in them.  And they come in so many fun colors.  I love having the brightest shoes at the gym!

Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Nike via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Nike.

No comments:

Post a Comment