Powered by Blogger.

Shopping with me: Forever 21 and BCBG

Monday, June 25, 2012

I got my hair cut last week and I went to a new (to me) salon which is always a bit scary but the stylist did a great job.  Not a drastic change just a much needed thinning out and a few layers added.  Anyway, the salon was near all the shops so I did some shopping while I was in the area. 

I haven't shopped at Forever 21 since this last shopping post back in April so I thought I'd check out what they had for summer. 

I can't resist a cute bow blouse.  I liked the color and pattern of this and it's great for work too underneath a blazer.  The polka dot tee is cute and simple.  It's got a bow on the back so would be cute to wear with your hair up.


Read more for the rest of my shopping picks...
Another bow blouse... the quality was a little thin which would be great to wear underneath a blazer but I didn't love that I had to wear a tank underneath it.  For some reason, I'm okay with a patterned sheer top but under a solid, I'd prefer not to wear a tank underneath as it's way more noticeable.  I'm still on the hunt for a good boyfriend jean.  I liked these however I'm looking for more of a cropped boyfriend jean and these were flare so they looked silly rolled up.  I passed, but they are cute and great for the price.  I saw these slim cropped ones online so am going to try them out.
 Sleeveless Tie Blouse (similar in orange and same color but no bow)
Premium Denim Distressed Boyfriend Jean - I went one size down on these, they run big
I don't shop at BCBG often but they had a huge sale sign so I stopped in to see what they had.  BCBG sizing is kind of weird for me so I noted the sizes I tried on below.  That's kind of the reason why I don't shop there as often, the sizing is always a little off for me.  I liked the striped blazer a lot and the fit in the shoulder and sleeves were perfect but it was a bit too cropped for me (doesn't work for my already short torso) so I didn't get it.  I paired it with the sequin tank which was so fun.  The striped top was super comfy and loved the slouchy fit.  And the lace shorts are one of my favorites but still pricey and not on sale so crossing my fingers I might score them on sale!
Natalia Cropped Jacket wearing the XXS - not online (Same style here but in green and in a different stripe)
Nora Sequin Tank - wearing the size small as it runs big
Willa Stripe Top - wearing the XXS
Pia Lace Shorts - wearing the XS

Random note: I was catching up with Pretty Little Liars and noticed Hanna wearing the jacket.  It looks really cute on her and probably why it's sold out online) 
source
So, I really like both of these tops but each had something slightly wrong with it.  This lace top is probably my favorite of all the tops but I really wish they didn't do the drawstring at the bottom.  I don't like how it looks and then tucked in it looked even worse.  And this blue striped blouse was huge even in the smallest size.  I do understand that is the look they are going for but I wish that it was just a bit more form fitting so didn't make me (and I'm sure a lot of people) look wider than we really are.
Alla Lace Blouson Top (The pink ruffle lace top is really cute and 50% off) - wearing the XXS

The next day I had to go back downtown because a pair of shoes that I had gotten at the designer sale came in (more on that later) so I stopped by Barneys since I hadn't had a chance to check the sale yet.

I had my eye on this Rag & Bone blazer since it first came out so I was excited to see it on sale.  However when I put it on, my husband said it looked like I belong on Glee, which I laughed but I agreed with.  If you know me, you know I love Rag & Bone jeans, most of my jeans are from them because they fit me so well and I always stock up when they go on sale.  I didn't love the salmon color on me but the tuxedo stripe is cute so I ordered the black ones online.  Wendy has them in the khaki and of course looks amazing in them.  I'm tempted to try that color out too.

Sorry for the weird coloring here but the dressing rooms at Barney's are so dark that I couldn't capture the polka dots but that was the cutest part of these jeans!  (Oh and notice how it's the middle of June and I'm wearing my booties - boo to this cold rainy weather!)

Oh and speaking of Rag & Bone jeans on sale, I just got these magenta ones and they are fab!  They will be great for the fall too since it's kind of a deeper magenta color.  I really love this color.


And here are the fabulous shoes that I picked up at Nordstrom!  OMG, I'm so in love with them.  They are amazing!  I've been wearing them around the house even if I have no where to go just because they make me feel fabulous.  LOL!  Nordstrom doesn't sell Louboutin online but I did spot a few pairs still on the sale rack in the downtown store!  They are now 40% off.

No comments:

Post a Comment