Powered by Blogger.

Slow Churned Brownie Sundaes!

Tuesday, June 26, 2012


I've always had a sweet tooth and I have a certain weakness for ice cream.  So much so that I can not keep it in the house or else I will eat the entire carton myself.   So bad!  I was recently introduced to Dreyer's Slow Churned ice cream which, I don't know how they do it but it's half the fat and one-third fewer calories.  As long as it tastes like real ice cream.  I'm sold. 

When I went to the grocery store, I was pleasantly surprised at how many flavors there were.  I thought that with this "half the fat" ice cream I'd have to just choose between the basics but they had a ton of flavors!  Hubs went with Peanut Butter Cup and I went with my favorite, Cookies and Cream.  We took them over to my in laws for a little sundae party with my nephew. 
 
I didn't want to make just regular sundaes so I made one of my favorite desserts which I call a "Muddy Buddy" which is a brownie topped with peanut butter topped with ice cream!  I actually got this idea and name from Old School Frozen Custard (which is amazing, if you are in Seattle, it's a must try!).  I'm not a huge fan of peanut butter, especially in desserts but my husband likes it so one day we stopped in after having dinner in the area and I was too full to get my own order of frozen custard so I decided to share his Muddy Buddy and then became completely obsessed with this combination.  There is just something about the the slightly salty peanut butter with the chocolate and ice cream that makes it taste so good!
 
See how happy I am! :)  Ready to dig in to my delish dessert!  (I made the brownies using this recipe from Joy of Baking) Oh and the ice cream is tasty!  Nobody there could tell that it was supposed to be a "light" ice cream and I was thoroughly impressed.  The creaminess is fantastic!

I also wanted to let you know to join in on A Reason to Smile Program! For every ice cream smile captured in a photo and uploaded to Dreyer’s Facebook page, Slow Churned will donate $5 to Operation Smile. By the end of the summer, the goal is to give away more than 25,000 scoops of ice cream, capture 25,000 ice cream smiles and gift 500 surgeries/smiles to children in-need.

I'll be uploading a photo of my nephew with his ice cream smile but I had to share with you his "rockstar" look in my Chloe sunglasses.  He's definitely got the "oversized sunnies" look going for him! :)  I just adore this little guy, he's the best!


Dreyer’s® Slow Churned Light Ice Cream is churned slowly for all the rich & creamy taste of regular ice cream, but with half the fat and one-third fewer calories. Now that’s a reason to smile. Give a smile with Operation Smile: https://www.facebook.com/DreyersIceCream

Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Nestle via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Nestle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment