Powered by Blogger.

Glam Beauty Board - Beauty for fall!

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

I am so excited to be a part of Glam's Beauty Board and have lots of awesome products to review for you guys!  They sent a box full of beauty products some that I already loved and some that I was newly introduced to.  I often switch products with the change of seasons as Seattle fall and winter is so much more harsh on my skin because of the cold and wind and all these products will be great to use in the upcoming months.

I always wear sunscreen and love that the Eucerin Every Day Protective Moisturizing Body Lotion has SPF 15 so I can use this when I want some sort of sun protection without having to put on my regular sunscreen.  It's fragrance free and goes on smoothly and doesn't leave you feeling sticky.

My hair is a bit on the oily side so I tend to stay away from hair products that have oil in them.  The Dove Nutritive Therapy, Nourishing Oil Care Shampoo and Conditioner though actually was great for my hair.  It didn't make it greasy or weight it down which, for somebody with a lot of hair, is what I look for in hair products.  It uses natural almond and mineral oils to help reduce frizz. 

I had never heard of this brand before but I'm sold as the La Face PUR Purifying Facial Wash has been great!  It's a bit creamy and doesn't lather too much (I don't like too much lather while washing my face).  It's a cleanser and toner in one and does a great job of taking off all my makeup.  I use this with my Clarisonic and the two together is a perfect combination.

I'm not a "wash and go" kind of girl.  I love styling my hair after I wash it and I take lots of steps to help with the styling.  I've been a long time fan of Ojon products and so was excited to try out the Ojon Super Sleek Restorative Blowout Perfector.  This is heat activated and helps give you that smooth, sleek hair after blow drying.  If I don't use this while blow drying, I do notice that my hair is noticeably more frizzier.  I highly recommend this!

I have dry skin so I'm really picky about lotions because sometimes they don't moisturize quite enough.  The Dr. Lewinn by Kinerase:Wrinkle Repair Day & Night Cream is a really nice cream and is gentle enough to wear during the day under my makeup.

Super long post... but please keep reading,  I reviewed lots of great products!



I've mentioned before that I love exfoliating and that includes my body too.  I love body scrubs and was really intrigued when I saw the Juara Invigorating Coffee Scrub. First, the smell. I LOVE the smell of coffee and since it's made of coffee beans it has a very strong coffee fragrance.  It does an amazing job of exfoliating and my skin felt smooth for days after using this.  This was unexpectedly my favorite product from the box!

I've been using the Almay Wake Up Liquid Makeup every day since I received it and it does a great job of evening out my skintone without being real thick or cakey. It's a perfect light foundation for the summer but will work great into fall and winter when you just want a light coverage.  I apply it with a foundation brush and it blends in perfectly.

I love Benefit packaging, it's always so fun!  The Benefit Bella Bamba Blush looks a bit bright in the box but it's a nice pink tone that looks great on the skin.  It's definitely noticeable but in a way that you want it to be noticed, as it still looks natural.  As with most Benefit blushes, it blends really nicely and you can build on the color as it's goes on quite sheer.  And of course, love the little compact size and brush so that I can just pop it into my makeup bag.

I'm naturally pale and don't mind being pale, but I do like to have a bit of color and glow which is where Lorac TANtalizer Highlighter & Matte Bronzer Duo is perfect for.  The bronze doesn't give you a too fake tan coloring and love that there is a shimmer and a matte side so I can use it as a highlighter on the days that I don't want to use bronzer.  I also love how big it is!  I can use my big fluffy blush and just brush it lightly on my face for a hint of color.

For my eyes, the Almay Eye Shadow + Primer and  Eyeliner + Highlighter works great together to give me a "daytime smokey" look.  The colors in the shadow pallete are really pretty and have a good payoff.  They go on pretty light so you can layer on if you want to have a darker look.  And the eyeliner and highlighter are the perfect complements to finish the look.  The highlighter is nice and creamy so easy to use under your eyebrows to open your eyes up a bit more.

I keep on flip flopping between loving lip glosses or lipsticks and the MARK Make It Rich Lip Color Crayon is the perfect mix of the two.  I do nude or light pink lips more than anything so I love this shade that I got.  It's a pink that's very similar to my natural lip color except a tad darker and a great shimmer.  This has now become my go-to lip color product that I reach for.

Sorry for the not so great iPhone pic, I forgot to snap a picture with my camera but here's a full look I did with the Almay foundation, eyeshadow, liner, Benefit blush, Lorac Bronzer and MARK lip crayon.

I've been craving fall colors for my nails and the Orly Nail Polish in Smolder is such a pretty deep red.  It's not too dark which I prefer because too dark of red doesn't look great against my skin tone. This shade is just what I need for a pretty fall red.

Everything looks great in the Modella Makeup Bag that I can just toss in my purse and go.

Now I'm set for my fall beauty needs and hope this helps you guys find some great products too!


testking - http://www.testking.com/MCDBA-certification-training.htmpass4sure - http://www.pass4sure.com/ICND.htmlactualtests - http://www.actualtests.com/certs/RHCE-training-certification.htmrealtests - http://www.realtests.com/exam/642-642.htmtestkingworld - http://www.testkingworld.com/mcp-certification-training.asp

No comments:

Post a Comment