Powered by Blogger.

OPI Nail Polish - Germany collection review

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

I'm still holding on to the summer by painting my nails bright colors but have been on the lookout for some fall colors as I do love my darks as much as I do my brights.  I love dark reds, purples and blues for the fall so when I got these new colors from OPI's new Germany collection I thought I'd do a review.  My disclaimer is that I'm no where near as good as photographing or painting my nails as some of the best nail polish blogs out there (my favorites are All Laquered Up and Nailside) but before buying polishes I always try to see what they look like on other bloggers so thought I'd just show you guys what they look like on me.
 
Here's Suzi & the 7 Dusseldorfs, which I'd describe as a purple-pink shimmer.  I really love this color and will probably pair this with a silver accent nail next time.  This is two coats and it's perfect as is.  This one is my favorite!

Blues can sometimes look weird on my skin tone but I liked that Unfor-greta-bly Blue was not a deep shade of blue or too light either.  I also went with two coats with this but I found that one coat was really pretty if you didn't want too deep of a blue.

I do love a good dark red but with my pale skin (I took these photos before my vacation so I'm much more tan now but it won't last.) this dark of red just doesn't look great against my skintone.  Every Month Is Oktoberfest is a deep red but not quite burgundy.  I prefer the red of the Orly polish in Smolder that I reviewed here.  I did two coats here which probably made it a shade darker than I like it so next time I may just go with one coat.

Out of all the nail polish brands that I've tried, OPI has the best brushes and consistency.  It's not too thin or gloopy and applies exactly where you want it to go.  Overall, I liked the colors and the shimmer of this collection.  I think I'm going to try it out with a matte topcoat as they might look really pretty to take the shine out of the colors.

If you want to get inspired by some really great nails, check out my nail polish pinterest board

Disclosure: Products were provided by PR for consideration but do not affect my opinions in any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment