Powered by Blogger.

Battling Dry Skin

Wednesday, August 7, 2013


I have the driest skin and if I don't moisturize right out of the shower my skin pays for it and I hate the feeling of dry skin through the day.  I actually carry lotion with me at all times because I can't stand dry skin that much!  I tried out Olay's Ultra Moisture Body Wash which actually moisturizers WHILE you are in the shower!  What a great idea, I have been needing this product since forever!  I haven't had to slather on the lotion when I get out of the shower and throughout the day my skin definitely doesn't dry out, even in this hot weather and going in and out of A/C which usually kills my skin.


My quick tips on the best way to combat dry skin
  • Exfoliate everytime you are in the shower!  Whether it with a loofah or a washcloth, I have to exfoliate in order for my skin to stay soft, smooth and moisturize-able
  • Find a body wash that works with your skin.  Some really do dry out my skin so even though I tend to stick to the same brands, I do try out new ones from time to time and I've learned the kinds that work with my skin and the kinds that don't
  • Moisturize right after you dry off so that it can absorb into your skin before you put on clothes.  I usually moisturize and then dry my hair so that when I change into my clothes it's fully absorbed into my skin.  I can't stand putting on clothes when my skin is still sticky with lotion on it. 
  • Carry a travel size lotion with you in your bag!  I actually have a lotion in almost every handbag that I just keep in there and don't take out so even when I change purses and transfer my wallet and makeup bag and stuff I don't have to worry about forgetting the lotion as it's already in there.
Did you know that virtually all of the moisturizers in the leading body wash just wash down the drain? Olay Ultra Moisture Body Wash is different. The cleansing lather releases a moisturizing lotion. More moisturizers stay on your skin and less go down the drain. The result? More moisturized skin. See the facts at TheMoistureRising.com.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Olay via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Olay.

No comments:

Post a Comment