Powered by Blogger.

Style Challenge: Blogger Inspiration and Lookbook!

Monday, November 28, 2011


Last Friday I announced our first ever Style Challenge and I have recruited a few of my favorite ladies to style our jewelry and to give you guys some inspiration for your outfits!
We would love to see how you style your favorite statement jewelry piece and to make the Style Challenge even more fun, everyone that participates in the challenge is entered to win 1 of 2 awesome prizesKelly, Jean and Khatu will help us in choosing one of the winners!

Prize 1 will contain the Layered Statement Necklace, Glam Leatherette Ring and the Gold Double Braided Cuff.

The 2nd prize will be the Glam Leatherette RingGold Large Braided Cuff and the Satin and Pearl Rhinestone necklace.
Click here for the details on the Style Challenge.  We will accept submissions from now until December 9th so you have some time to put together an outfit!  You can use any jewelry you already own!  And after you post your outfit on your blog remember to link it up here. (or if you are not a blogger email me your pics!)  And yes, we'll accept video submissions too, submit your youtube link here! :)

In my style challenge outfit I'm wearing the Satin and Pearl Rhinestone necklace.  While I love necklaces, this one was a challenge for me because it's a lot busier than what I usually wear and I tend to pair it with a sweater and jeans kind of outfit.  I wanted to challenge myself by dressing it up and pairing it with patterns.  I tried it out for an outfit that I wore out to a nice dinner and ended up loving the mix of the patterns with the texture of the chain, pearls and rhinestones.
Marc_jacobs_quilted2Marc_jacobs_quilted
What I'm Wearing
*Lace Cardigan: Target - Great options here in lots of colors, here and here at Forever 21 all under $20.
*Top: Shop Sosie - It's actually this dress that I tucked into my skirt to make a top.  I'm wearing a Small and is overall a bit big, especially the sleeves but works well with a belt or tucked in like I'm wearing.
*Skirt: T by Alexander Wang - Buy here on sale (sizing is true to size, mine is a XS) or also similar and on sale, and here for 60% off.
*Bag: Marc Jacobs 
*Shoes: YSL Tribute Mary Jane- See them in better detail in this lookbook.  Mine are from last year but you can still get the YSL Tribute Sandals, these gorgeous purple ones are on sale!  And, a great Look for Less option.  
*Jewelry: t+j Designs Satin and Pearl Rhinestone necklace, Glam Leatherette Ring, Bamboo Crystal Bracelet, Rhinestone Bow Bracelet, and Medium Gold Bangle with Etchings.  Take 25% off your order with code THANKS.  Code expires 11/30.
Also, if you love Mary Jane pumps (like I do!) I just pre-saled these super cute Miu Miu ones at Nordstrom and they will be going on sale December 1st for 40% off!  Don't quote me on the date, but I know it's somewhere around there, but if you like them call up your Nordstrom Sales Associate and let them know that you want to pre-sale them.  The blue ones are the YSL Tributes in the shorter heel.  My SA said those were sold out everywhere but maybe check other department stores or YSL.com! And if you haven't checked yet, Net-a-porter has put a bunch of designer shoes on sale!

I hope you join the challenge!  I'm super excited to see everyone's looks!  Submit your links here.

No comments:

Post a Comment