Powered by Blogger.

Lookbook: The quest for pink jeans

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Blank_jeans
Blank_jeans3Blank_jeans2Blank_jeans4
What I'm Wearing
*Madewell Soft Silk Boyshirt - as seen in my shopping post.  I went back and got it later.  (sold out online but my store had a ton in stock.  Here's the item info if you want to call them about it.)  This one in "sleek charcoal" is practically the same.
*BlankNYC Skinny jeans - on sale and Madewell is doing 30% off sale items! (and ebates it to get  4% cashback!)  Get them at a great price!  They are true to size and although they fit fab in the legs and the waist, the crotch part is a little baggy and creates a bit of the "wrinkly crotch" effect.  It's not uncomfortable but looks a little funny so now I'm mostly wearing them with my shirts untucked.
*t+j Designs Silver Baubles Necklace - one of my favorite necklaces to wear for everyday.  It looks so much better on, I get so many compliments on it whenever I wear it.
*t+j Designs Silver Edge Bangle and Modern 3 Stone Ring  - take 40% off all Sale items!  use code EXTRA40.
*Miu Miu Bow Bag  - I just saw that Valentino's lower end line RED Valentino has a bunch of cute bow bags!   This is a great size tote, but I'm totally in love with this satchel.  I think I'm going to get it in the nude color.  But after seeing this bow tote, I'm contemplating it as well as I've been wanting a navy blue bag.  For leather, it seems like a good price!
*Christian Louboutin Bianca pump - (also in black)  my gray flannel ones were from last year so they don't have them anymore.  These shoes are one of my top 3 favorite shoes ever.  Every time I wear them, I feel fabulous! :)  Thank you to my husband who got them for me, the guy has great taste ;) If you are thinking about getting the Biancas, one word of caution, they are VERY high and only for the super stable high heel walker.  They can be pretty bad ankle twisters if you aren't careful!

I have been on a hunt for pink jeans for the longest time.  I started with these cute ones from Zara but they ended up quite mishapen and unsightly to wear (super baggy in weird places) after only 2 wears.  I wanted to invest in a pair like my rag and bone jeans that I adore but I couldn't find the perfect pink.  UNTIL!  I went to Madewell and fell in love with these BlankNYC skinny jeans.  They are pink but not too pink and look great with so many colors.  I've totally embraced the whole colored pant trend.  I did a huge order with J Crew when they were doing 30% off everything.  I opened the box and my husband said "woh, color explosion!"  I ended up getting the toothpick jeans in a bright yellow, the Cafe Capri in warm jade and the Minnie Pant in vibrant flame and a few other things.  Unfortunately as much as I loved all the pants, I had to return two of them for sizing issues.  The Cafe Capri in a 0P was huge and the toothpick jeans in my regular size 25 was a size too big as well.  Not sure what's going on with J Crew sizing, it's been wacky lately!  For reference, the Minnie pant in a 0P fit perfectly.

So, where are you guys shopping at?  Any good deals?  Turns out a ton of stuff I ordered during the Christmas sales didn't work out for me so I had to return a bunch of stuff (and ahem Barney's canceling my order 17 days after I placed an order for shoes is so annoying.) so I'm itching to score on some deals since most of my stuff didn't work out!

Two new posts on the smarter blog!  My suggestions for affordable new year's eve dresses and the best dry skin solutions that I've found to help me out in this winter weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment