Powered by Blogger.

Lemon Blueberry Muffin Tops

Monday, January 23, 2012


The best part of the muffin IS the top.  Am I right?  So I HAD to share this recipe with you guys, especially because I found it on accident.  You see, I was in the mood for scones and you know me, I love the combo of Lemon and Blueberry together so I went looking for a scone recipe.  I found this one over at allrecipes.com and I liked the looks of it as it was a bit different than most scone recipes as there was no need to use a pastry cutter (hurts my arms), no heavy cream (didn't have it), not a lot of butter and used yogurt (you know I like using yogurt better than butter).  Oh and you don't need to roll it out as they are called "drop scones" which is just that, you drop the dough onto the baking sheet instead of rolling it out and cutting the shape of the scone.  I mean, I love scones but sometimes they can take a bit to make and these just sounded so much easier so I had to try it out. 

 
Turns out, they are nothing like a scone but they are YUMMY in their own right!  They are light and fluffy with bursts of blueberry and lemon flavor.  I was also generous with the lemon glaze as it kind of needed it (they are not that sweet on their own).  After my first bite, I thought, "This is just like a muffin!" which I then saved it into my Springpad* as Lemon Blueberry Muffin Tops!

Go here for the recipe and a few changes that I made were I added lemon juice and used plain yogurt since I didn't have lemon yogurt.  And before baking I brushed them with egg wash to get the brown color on the tops.

*I use Springpad to keep all my online recipes as it saves them and organizes them very nicely and also has an iPad/iPhone app which is awesome because I use my iPad as my cookbook in the kitchen and iPhone as a grocery list so I can always reference the recipe when I'm out grocery shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment