Powered by Blogger.

Butter London Lippy!

Thursday, April 26, 2012

I'm not one to match my nails and toenails when painting my nails.  I like mixing it up!  However, have you ever thought of matching your nails to your lips?  I haven't but when I saw the Butter London Lippy and the matching polish, I loved it!
 Trout Pout Lippy and Nail Polish | Yummy Mummy Lippy and Nail Polish

I tried out Trout Pout which is a vibrant peachy-orange and Yummy Mummy which is a beige-y nude.  I loved the combo so tried a scalloped mani.  It didn't turn out as well as I'd like but wanted to show you the colors.  They really go well together and Yummy Mummy is a great color on it's own for the "mannequin nail" trend.
click here for my bow ring!

It's really pink in that picture but Trout Pout is more orange in person.  It's a lovely color and really great for the summer.  And swatches of the Lippy glosses to show you that it comes out pretty true to the color shown in the tube.  On the lips, they are true to the lip gloss consistency of being more sheer which I liked.  So although they are pretty perfect matches in the tube, if you wear them together nobody will really notice that you are wearing the same color on your lips and nails, it just coordinates in a good way.

Trout Pout is my favorite on the lips as it's a perfect glossy peach that looks great on it's own or layered on top of lipstick.  Yummy Mummy makes my lips look a little gray so I don't wear it alone but it works well to neutralize a too bright lipstick so I have been wearing it as a top gloss for my lipsticks.

These are my first Butter London polishes and I really like how creamy they go on.  I barely needed a second coat!  The Lippy glosses are really smooth on and are a bit sticky but not as bad as MAC Lipglass sticky.  The one thing that I did not like was the fragrance of the lip glosses.  It's almost a fruity scent, reminds me of watermelon candy.  If you aren't a fan of fragrances in your make up then probably stay away but if you don't mind it, I do recommend these glosses. 

Here are the other colors in the collection.  I definitely want to get another but can't decide which one, I love all of them!


Disclosure: Product samples were provided by PR for consideration but does not affect my review or opinions in any way. 

Oh and I posted on how to do DIY Polka Dot nails so check it out!  It's easier than you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment