Powered by Blogger.

Beauty Basic Essentials

Thursday, August 30, 2012

I did a post on my skincare essentials and thought I'd do an extension of that but about my daily/weekly essentials that I can't live without.  It's funny, I always read reviews about make up and skincare but some of these basic everyday products I rarely read about (or maybe it's because I'm just looking in the wrong places). Then when I'm out buying them I'm always wondering which one is better and so I thought I'd share my favorites.



1. Olay Smooth Finish Facial Hair Removal Duo - I have very fine hair on my upper lip.  It's not super noticeable but it drives me crazy.  I've tried wax strips however my hair is a bit too fine so wax strips aren't the best at getting it all off.  I discovered this hair removal duo that's really easy to use and is able to get all those fine hairs off.  You just put the balm on first and then the hair removal cream.  You leave it on for 6-8 minutes and it's a bit tingly but nothing too bad and then you are hair free!  The skin on your upper lip does turn a little red so I always do it at night before bed.  I bought mine at Costco for a good price.  I'm not sure if they still have it but I'd check there if you are a Costco shopper.

2. Dove Clinical Protection - I'm not a super sweaty person but I do get paranoid about smelling not so fresh especially when working out or traveling (when you're stuck in a small cramped space the last thing you want is to be the smelly person!) I like to use perfume to smell good but you also don't want to be the lady that reeks of perfume so this is my best solution.  This Dove deodorant is actually the only one that I've used that is moisturizing and gentle on the skin which is much needed because my skin does irritate pretty easily.  It doesn't contain harsh chemicals like other deodorants which probably is a huge help in the skin irritation factor.  And most importantly, it does a great job of lasting all day.

3. EOS Ultra Moisturizing Shave Cream, Pomegranate Raspberry - I use to use those cheapo shave creams, you know the ones that come in the cans that always rust in the shower?  I don't know why I didn't even bother looking at other ones until I was at the drugstore and this pink bottle jumped out at me.  I tried it out and it was so much better!  I love the pump too and this bottle does not rust!  The pump is great because you have better control of how much cream comes out and the cream lathers but not in a crazy amount, just good enough to know that you can get a good shave.  I don't use a fancy razor.  I just use these disposable razors because I've used the fancy ones where you switch the tops and stuff but I've found that a good shaving cream + a decent razor works great for me and I don't need the fancy razor.

4. Archipelago Botanicals Pomegranate Body Wash - I've used this body wash for years.  I discovered it at a boutique I randomly went into and loved the scent and now that boutique has closed so I've had to start ordering it online but I will forever and always use this body wash.  I've tried other scents but the pomegranate is my favorite.

5. Wen Re Moist Intensive Hair Treatment - I use this weekly as I like to make sure my hair stays soft and moisturized from all the products and heat tools that I use during the week.  I've used some sort of hair treatment/mask for the past year and a half now and this one is my favorite as it's a bit lighter than the other hair masks that I've used and I don't feel like it stays in my hair after I've washed it out.

6. Kiss My Face Organic Lip Balm - I've been a lip balm addict for years.  It all started out with Lip Smackers and progressed from there.  Well these are the adult version of Lip Smackers.  The flavors are all delicious (not like I eat it but you know what I mean) and they are some of the best lip balms that I've used.  I buy them in bulk and keep one in every purse, my gym bag, my bathroom, my desk, etc... I'm never without them!

No comments:

Post a Comment