Powered by Blogger.

{DIY} Polka Dot Jeans...

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

 photo IMG_1400copy2_zpsdc44ca45.jpg

I've wanted these polka dot jeans from the Gap for aaaages, but never got around to buying them, partly because I didn't think I should spend 70 big ones on a trend item, and partly because I wanted to make my own version. This is probably the easiest DIY I've ever done (apart from just slathering nail polish on jewelry), and I'm ecstatic with the result. I mean seriously, all you need is a pair of jeans (washed, if they're brand new!) and a fabric paint pen from the craft store... How easy is that?!

 photo polkadotjeansdiy_zpsccca2235.jpg

Since these bad boys are DIY I wanted them to look that way, so I didn't bother measuring out my polka dot placement. I really like the irregular, freestyled effect, but if you prefer a more symmetrical look, refer to this post. If you're a free spirit (aka- lazy) DIY'er like me, just dot away— I bet you'll love the effect either way. Just remember not to wash your snazzy new jeans for at least 72 hours after completing the DIY to preserve your pretty little dots! Easy peasy. xx

 photo IMG_1393copy_zps3e6a2255.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment