Powered by Blogger.

Shopping: Prabal Gurung for Target and Forever 21

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

I had to do a Target run and I saw the Prabal Gurung collection out so decided to do a few quick try-ons with what they had left.  I'll be honest, I'm not a big die hard fan of these collabs.  I loved the Missoni one and I did find the quality to be a bit better but the others I haven't had much luck in sizing and fit.  It was pretty much the same with this collection and left empty handed but thought I'd do a review anyhow in case you guys didn't get a chance to go to your store, these styles are still available online.

The sleeveless tee is actually my top pick out of the ones I tried on.  It's cute but the XS had a bit of pulling in the chest area.  Quality wise I didn't have too many issues with it.  The Lace Front Blouse however, was cute hanging but when I put it on, it was a bit of a mess.  The lace makes the top very stiff so didn't lay right when on.  The sleeves were really long and I didn't love the big bunch when I rolled them up.  I think they really could have done without the faux leather collar as it's so plastic-y that it really made the top look cheaper than it was.  The white and neon yellow version looks cuter online but I didn't see it in store.
 Sleeveless Tee | Lace Front Blouse 
(wearing XS in both tops)

I spotted this lace overlay top and thought it had the most potential.  I love the detailing of the lace and the fun sleeves.  BUT when I put it on, I felt like I was wearing wings!  The sleeves extend so far out, it's almost comical.  I definitely think it's a cute top and somebody maybe taller than I could pull it off, but it made me feel like a little kid wearing a dance costume.
Lace Overlay Top
(wearing size small)

Click through for my Forever 21 Shopping picks...


I made a quick stop at the mall afterwards and since I didn't have my husband with me, I popped into Forever 21 (I hate dragging him in there, I always feel super rushed and can't shop properly!)  I go through phases with Forever 21 where I don't shop there for months at a time and then I go in and then try on everything I see.  This time I found some cute tops and I'm not sure as maybe it's because I haven't shopped there in such a long time but their quality was really poor on so many things that I didn't even bother trying stuff on that potentially could've been cute.

I could only find the Lip Sweater in a size Medium so it's too baggy on me but thought it would be a cute casual top to pair with leggings or the floral skinnies that I tried on (not available online, similar here).  Just a warning though, it's very itchy!  You definitely have to layer with it.  The satin floral sweater had a nice fit and I liked the satin mixed with the cotton.  Definitely one of the better pieces that I tried on.

I've been on a mint kick so was on the lookout for cute mint tops.  I liked the simple detailing of the navy blue shoulders on the colorblock blouse but when I put on the heart print blouse, it was so very "me" that I went with that one instead.  The colors are off in the photos, both are much more mint in person.

I love this striped top hanging but on me, it was just slightly too baggy so wasn't so flattering (it looks much cuter on the model).  The Colorblock Chiffon Blouse was a winner though!  The contrast trim is actually more of a neon pink than the orange in the photo.  It'll be a cute top to pair with jeans or worn underneath a sweater and just let the collar and cuffs peek out.  Untucked it's pretty long on me so will have to keep it tucked in.

This striped top had potential but on it was too stiff and wasn't as flattering as the other button down tops I tried on.  The sleeves were unusually baggy compared to the rest of the body.  I did, however like the stripes and the color combo.  The top on the right isn't available online but I wanted to show you anyway as it was one of their better quality shirts.  The contrast trim was a nice thicker material but held well against the chiffon fabric of the top.  Would be a great work or dressy top.  If you are looking for it in store, I believe it was a LOVE 21 top and the price is $24.80.  The SKU # is 27704866022
Striped Shirt | Contrast Trim Shirt - not available online
(size S in both) 

That's it!  I wasn't too overly impressed with anything but was happy with the tops that I got.  I think it was good that I popped in though, I was going to do an order online before I stopped in but I think I will hold off for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment