Powered by Blogger.

Striped Blazers

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

I love blazers and probably have way too many in my closet but during fall and winter, I wear them all the time so I definitely get my use out of all of mine!  I've been gravitating towards printed blazers lately and with yesterday's post with the floral blazer, it got me thinking about my favorite striped blazers and how I need to re-work them into my wardrobe as I kind of forgot about them.

This favorite of mine was a gift from my mother in law last year.  I wore this early in the summer with a blouse from H&M.  I find that print on print is much easier to do with a blazer rather than trying to mix a print with a top and pants.  Just keep it in the same color scheme and you should be good.
Here's another look that I wore last fall (see the lookbook here) and I think I will be pairing this blazer with another pair of colorful jeans again.

My favorite ever has to be this one from Anthropologie.  I remember I had first seen it on Chloe and I ordered it online right away.  I just love the detail of the stripes going a different direction on the lapel.  This was is a bit more dressy so I always feel I have to get more formal with it but I'm going to try to work it to a more casual look.  Now that I don't go into an office, casual is more my thing and I'm certainly not going to be putting on tights to sit in my home office!
Lookbook here and here

 {a few inspirations found on the internet}
 
Gorgeous sequins with stripes!  I have the perfect top to try this out with it. From Seersucker + Saddles

 Stripes on Stripes, one of my favorite pattern mixing combos. From Fashion Gone Rouge

A bit of a springtime look but I think I'll still work this into my winter wardrobe.  I love the pop of the chartreuse color with the neutrals.  From Celebrity Gossip

Looking for a striped blazer for your own wardrobe?  Here's a few that I love!
Top Row: Express | Forever 21
Bottom Row: LOFT | Splendid | sheinside

No comments:

Post a Comment