Powered by Blogger.

Glam Beauty Board - Winter Beauty Products

Monday, December 10, 2012


I got to be part of Glam's Beauty Board again and was so excited to find what was in my box!  I'm still using most of my products from my last box and am always excited to see what Glam includes in the box as it's always fab.  Lots of great products to get me through the winter and some great makeup that I hadn't tried before but now love!

I first tried out this Almay Smart Shade Mousse as I've never tried any of these makeup that are supposed to just magically know what your skin tone is.  I was skeptical at first as it looks a bit gray in the jar which is a little weird but after putting it on and blending it in, it really did adapt to my skin tone!  It went on fairly light so perfect to wear under a bit of powder and cover up any blemishes or imperfections that you may need to cover.  I think it's new as I can't find it on their website but check your local drugstore if you are interested in trying it out.

The Physicians Formula pH Matchmaker blush is also pretty similar, but this one uses your pH level of your skin and then adjusts the color to perfectly match your skin.  I actually really liked the color and although I'm still unsure of the whole pH thing, I think the color went with my skin really well.  The compact also lights up which is a lot of fun!

I'm a big fan of these Susan Posnick Color Essential Moisturizing Lipsticks, I got Santa Fe a topaz/gold with a slight shimmer and London, a deep burgundy red (but doesn't go on too dark).  They on really smoothly and are quite moisturizing and mine actually stayed on most of the day.  I don't love red lipstick on me but London worked with my skintone and the two actually blended well together to create a pretty gold shimmery red. 

Lots more reviews, click through to see what else was in the box!


I'm crazy about mascara, I always am trying to find the latest and greatest mascara.  I've heard of Buxom Lash Mascara but have never tried it before so glad to see it in my Beauty Board box.  This is the Buxom Sculpted Lash Mascara with the special "S" curve wand which really does help you coat each and every lash!  This wasn't super lengthening on me, but the volume was fantastic and did help keep my curl throughout most of the day.

I was surprised to see that the Too Faced Glamour to Go Spun Sugar Edition was only $22!  I thought it was such a great deal for the price as you get so much product.  You get 8 eyeshadows, 1 highlighter, 1 bronzer and 1 lipgloss all in one adorable case.  The perfect travel kit and the shadow colors are neutral enough for daytime but also some great colors to mix in for a night time smokey eye.
 

China Glaze With Loveis the perfect holiday red.  It's not too dark and not too orange (too things that don't work with my skintone) so I'm very much in love with this red.  China Glaze polishes have always been pretty consistently smooth application for me and one coat was quite opaque but I thought two coats was perfect. I love how we also got China Glaze Pizzazz as it's the perfect glitter for a New Year's Eve mani!  It's got silver, purple, green and blue glitter in it which makes for actually a pretty classy glitter.  I tend to prefer fine glitter as I find that it has easier application.  My experience with the larger size glitter is that it goes on inconsistently and you can often have a bigger spot of glitter on one part of your nail and less glitter on the other side.  With this, I was pleasantly surprised to find that this glitter had pretty easy application and two coats covered my entire nail.  It's actually become one of my favorite glitter polishes!

I've been using the Almay Intense i-color Liquid Shadow + Color Primer as mostly a primer for my shadows.  The color is a gorgeous light gold so definitely could just use that as a shadow however, I tend to like to play with my shadows a lot so I used this as a base.  The consistency is smooth as it goes on and it doesn't dry super quickly you can blend it all over your lid. 

When I used it with my Almay Intense i-color Eyeshadows, it gave the powders a bit more of a golden undertone and also helped the color last on my lids all day.  I tend to stick to neutrals and browns for my every day makeup so loved this color set for my eyes.  The pigment is great and goes on just like how it looks in the pan and you can easily blend the colors for a more natural look or a darker look.  I like to use the deepest brown to also line my undereyes when doing the darker look.  It's a great kit to keep in your purse if you like to do touchups throughout the day.

Only got one hair product this time but oh is it a goody.  The Umberto Repair Treatment Masque is very much needed this time of year.  Especially since I was just in a plane for 16+ hours where my hair and skin got super dry.  My hair needed this very much when I got back from my trip.  You just apply it before you shower, let it rest for 10-20 minutes and then hop in the shower and rinse it off.  Do it once a week and your hair will be looking shiny and healthy again.  And the best part?  It's only $9.99!  I've spent way more on hair masks before so I love that I can pick this one up at a good price.

I'm really needing a good facial cleanser now as I mentioned my skin is really dry and I need a cleanser that won't dry my skin out even more.  The Goldfaden MD Pure Start Gentle Detoxifiying Facial Cleanser is a nice gentle but effective cleanser.  It does a great job of removing all my makeup without being too harsh or drying on the skin.  I also like that it comes in a pump and you don't have to use a ton of product.  I tend to use more deep cleansers at night but I've found that this works great for both morning and night.

I've been using the Vichy Laboratories ProEven Daily Dark Spot Corrector on my cheeks as I have some freckles that I'm not a huge fan of.  I'm hoping that they will help even them out (who knows if it will work but I'm trying!) and also a little bit of dark acne scarring that I have. 

I'm a hand cream freak.  I always have dry hands so I always keep hand cream on me.  In fact I have 3 different hand creams sitting on my desk right now.  But that doesn't mean I don't need another!  I really like the Burt's Bees Ultimate Care Hand Creamas it does it's job, moisturizes my hands, but doesn't leave them feeling greasy or sticky which I can not stand when hand creams do that.  It's unscented which is great as well.  Overall, it's a great basic to have all the time and will be restocking once I use this up.

I LOVE the Philosophy Full of Promise Dual - Action Restoring Cream.  I've used a couple of creams before that I felt were too heavy for what I wanted.  This cream is lightweight and goes on so smoothly but you can tell it's really getting the job done.  It moisturizes my skin and leaves it visibly firmer if you can believe that!  It's actually even supposed to "lift" your skin but I'm not sure I can see that just yet.  It's a definite fave out of the box.

And lastly is the Philosophy Living Grace Perfume.  I very much lean in the "clean" scent cateogory of perfumes as I don't like anything too vanilla-y or too musky so I'm very happy with this scent as it's light and airy but also has a bit of warmness which is great for the winter.

Thanks again to Glam for having me on the Beauty Board!

No comments:

Post a Comment