Powered by Blogger.

More than Meets the Eye

Monday, June 24, 2013


Writing a fashion blog is funny because the people that only know me through my blog just get to see that side of me, the fashion loving side.  Since I don't share much else when I meet people in real life that have read my blog they just assume that I'm consumed by fashion all the time.  Don't get me wrong, I totally am.  I love fashion about as much as the next fashion blogger but with all bloggers, don't assume you know them just because of what they write on their blog.  There is so much to all of us that we don't share, whether on purpose or not, as bloggers I think we can all safely say that we are "more than meets the eye."  When FUZE asked me to share something about my passions and personalities beyond the obvious I loved the topic as it's something that I rarely share on my blog.

Obviously if you've read this blog for awhile you know that I started my own business with my sister almost 2 years ago and that's truly where my passion lies.  I love being an entrepreneur and watching my business grow and seeing us get to our goals and milestones.  It's been amazing, stressful and thrilling all at the same time and I hope to never stop doing what I love. 
some of our newest designs!

I've always been very career driven and I think very few people really knew that about me.  When I was in the corporate world I was able to do a lot in a very little time.  I was given advancement opportunities due to my work ethic and the work that I produced and I loved it.  I had big dreams of moving up the ranks of the corporate world and I was able to move up quite rapidly with the support of a lot of very senior people in the company.  But as the years went by I became more and more unsatisfied until the very last year I was at my last corporate job and finally decided that it wasn't the life for me.  And then I left and never looked back.  Of course that's the short story, if I were to write the long version, you'd be reading a novel :)  But basically that's what happened to lead me to where I am today.  I don't regret any of it.  I learned a lot when I was in the corporate world and a lot of skills I was able to bring to my business today so am grateful for my time spent in that world.  I look forward to being a mom but I also know that my career/business will always be a priority to me as well.  I'm struggling with the fact of how I'm going to balance it all but I'm sure I'll figure it out, and I've got my sister as one of the best role models for me as that's exactly what she's doing right now.  

Anyway, thanks for letting me share a little piece of me that is rarely seen through this little fashion blog of mine. :)


FUZE is a refreshing combination of Iced tea, natural fruit flavors and vitamins B6 and B12. It’s a perfect mix of ingredients, just like you. FUZE. Never just one thing.

Disclosure: Compensation was provided by FUZE via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of FUZE.

No comments:

Post a Comment