Powered by Blogger.

Capture the Moment

Wednesday, February 15, 2012



As you’ve seen from my Cell Phone pictures posts, I love taking lots and lots of pictures and love documenting even the littlest moments with my phone camera.  I find that some of the smaller moments are the ones that make me smile the most when I look back through the pictures on my phone.

A few weekends ago, before my week long business trip, my husband and I went out with our doggies (mostly because Savvy is sick, poor thing is losing her fur and we can’t figure out why) so we had an appointment at the vet but then took them out to walk around a neighborhood that we love (Ballard).  It was such a “normal” day but so fun to have our doggies with us.  I randomly snapped photos throughout our walk and while I was on my business trip, I looked through the photos and it was fun to relive the fun little moments that we had that day.  As a photographer, of course I love my fancy dslr and variety of lenses to capture some of the more important moments but I don’t think that you need a fancy camera at all to create pictures that you will love and treasure for a long time.  Like they say “the best camera is the one that’s with you” and for me, that’s my usually phone camera.  I try to clear the pictures in my phone once in awhile but there are some from even 2 years ago that I still haven’t cleared off yet and I just can’t because I love looking back at the moments. Some of them don’t seem like much, but to me, just seeing the small detail of the picture I took that day makes me remember so much more. I love having this little “diary” to look back on which is also why I love posting my phone pictures to my blog just because there are certain things that I forget about but I look back through the posts and love seeing what I was doing/where I was at, at that moment. I never thought that I’d rely on the camera on my phone as much as I do but I live such a crazy, fast paced life that I love having these moments captured on my phone and have it be so easy to look back on.

Just a few snaps from the day... At the Vet, we brought Macho for moral support but I don't think he was very excited about that.
Walking through Ballard and finding funny things to get the dogs to pose with (unsuccessfully I might add, all the pictures were blurry).
A new restaurant that we want to try.  I love the chandelier and the wall paper!
Seattle has lots of yummy bakeries that get mentioned a lot (my favorite being Macrina) but Larsen's gets no hype at all, however I still think they are one of the best!  They are a Danish bakery so they make a ton of stuff that no other bakery makes.  Whenever I go in there I want to buy everything they have in their case.  I settled for 3 pastries to split with the hubs and we took them home for a little late afternoon picnic.
Later that night after we dropped the doggies off at home (they were pooped from their adventurous day!) we went to our favorite place to get some late night snacks, the new-ish Seattle location of Cactus.  I love their calamari mainly because they also deep fry jalapenos in there.  SO YUM!  And their Patron Agave Margarita (Fresh pressed lime juice, Patrón Blanco tequila and 100% organic agave nectar) is so good that it's dangerous.  Meaning I could drink so many of them that you'd probably have to carry me out of there.  haha!  Don't worry I only stuck to one but that's how good they are!

If you’re looking for an Android-powered smartphone at a great value, be sure to check out U.S. Cellular. They have the highest satisfaction rating of any national carrier and you earn rewards points to use on things like accessories and upgrading your phone sooner. Learn More

Disclosure: Compensation was provided by US Cellular via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of US Cellular.

No comments:

Post a Comment