Powered by Blogger.

J Crew and Madewell Sale Picks

Sunday, April 8, 2012

J Crew and Madewell are having good sales now and Madewell is even doing an additional 20% off sale items so I wanted to share some of my dressing room pics for those of you that might be interested in the sale stuff and that sizes and styles were still available.  Ebates upped their cashback for J Crew to 6% so remember to click through to get additional savings!

UPDATE: Thanks to SewPetiteGal for the tip, you can get an additional 30% off J Crew sale items with code OURTREAT

The Blythe Blouse is not on sale but I've wanted to see how it fit as I debated ordering the petite sizing online. It's still a bit roomy which I'm okay with on shirts like this but hoping that the sides will be a bit slimmer in petite sizing so am going to order online.

Love the blue and the stripes of the sweatshirt however, the stripes were a tad too wide and I felt made me look bigger so I didn't get it.  However, I did love the overall fit, especially the sleeve length.  Since I didn't like the stripes but I did like the fit, I'm going to try the solid color version (although it's not on sale).  The pink is perfect for me!
 Blythe Blouse in 00 | Spindrift sweatshirt in XXS

Adore the jacket but the XS was still a bit boxy on me and they didn't have a smaller size.  I'm sure it was probably pretty popular since it's so adorable.  I'm still on the hunt for my size though!  The perfect shirt is cheaper in stores ($39.99) so if you like it, I'd check in stores first.  It's a really cute top and I love the print.  The size down probably would've fit better but for the price I figured I'd just make it work. 
 Merriweather jacket in XS | Perfect shirt in Medallion paisley in 0

I already have the Talitha top in another paisley print which I love so I passed on this because I didn't love the colors as much.  They also have it in Peacock Paisley which I like a lot better but didn't see in stores.  Size wise, it's definitely a bit bigger than something like the Blythe Blouse so expect this one to be a little less fitted.  I don't own any animal print clothes as it's just not something I'm really attracted to but I liked the big print of this leopard tank and thought it would be cute to wear under a v-neck sweater or cardigan with just a pop of the print peeking out.  This top is also cheaper in stores ($19.99).

My other sale picks that I didn't see in stores but they have online are the Popover tunic in lifesaver print and the Confetti tweed jacket.

Read more for Madewell reviews...
At Madewell, use code SOGOOD for 20% off all sale items and free shipping over $100.  Plus don't forget to go through ebates first to get 4% cashback.

You may remember this gingham shirt from my Madewell shopping party that I styled with the Spot Show Cardigan.  I didn't get it at the event but then I came back and it was on sale!  Yay!  I love the color as it's more of a peach than these photos which looks more orange.  I know it's far from shorts season but when I saw these shorts marked down I had to get them as I love the look of dressy shorts in the summer.  (ignore the top, I know it completely doesn't match.  LOL)  They have a hint of sparkle to them as there are some glitter threads sewn in but it's subtle in a good way.  These will look great dressed up with a blazer and heels for the summer.

It's not super flattering here but I loved the color and fit of the topnote cardigan so it came home with me.  I wore it yesterday and love it.  It's a nice thick quality and looks and feels more expensive than it is (especially on sale!).  Online they have a ton more colors than they did in store.  I think I might order the purple.  I, along with everyone else, has jumped on the mint trend but I don't have any tops this color.  I think it's one of those colors that's best left as an accent color (or accessory like our mint jeweled necklace) on me because I wasn't a huge fan.  However, the fit of the tee is great and I like how the sleeves are a bit longer as I really do not like my tees having short little sleeves.  Mainly because I hate my upper arms so anything that covers them up is better for me!  For $16.99 and 20% off it's such a good deal so I'm going to pick up a couple of different colors online. 

I already own these and love them so had to mention that the hillstripe ex-boyfriend sweater which is super comfy and my favorite Legging Jeans that you see in a lot of my lookbooks are both on sale.

Oh and what I came in wearing: Butterfly print top is Zara, jeans are by rag and bone (similar here), necklace is the Layer Chain Necklace and shoes are Manolo Blahnik pumps (similar).
 
P.S.  I updated my blog sale with SHOES!  A couple of pairs of Miu Miu and Jimmy Choos!  Check them out if you are a size 5 - 5.5.

No comments:

Post a Comment