Powered by Blogger.

March 2012 in photos!

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

March was probably one of my busiest months ever and I loved every moment of it. I started it out with a quick trip to NYC where at the very last minute (literally I was getting on the plane) I found out that the fabulous Jean was going to be there at the same time so we planned a meetup that night after I landed!  She's as lovely in person as she is online.  It's always so nice to meet online friends in person!
 
And the reason I was in NYC?  For a video/photo shoot for Kohl's!  It was SO much fun to get my hair and make up done and meet the other fabulous bloggers that were going to be in the shoot.  The photo shoot was fun, the video shoot was nerve wracking (you'll see it on the Kohl's website next month, I think) but it was a fun and fabulous experience!
 

Long post... Click through to read more.


Well, I couldn't leave NYC without doing some shopping right?  I stumbled upon the Century 21 shoe store and I went nuts!  Look at all the pretties I found in MY SIZE!  You know how hard it is to find shoes in a size 5 so to find all of these highly discounted designer shoes in my size, I was SO happy.  From L to R, Lanvin, Manolo, Manolo.  All were under $300!
 
Here's what I ended up getting.  Manolo sequin pumps and Casadei animal print pumps.  The funny thing, most of my pumps are round toes so these are my first pointy toes and now I'm obsessed with the shape!
 
When I got back, my weeks were pretty much filled with events.  One of which, the opening of Blackbird Apothecary that I went to with the gorgeous Rachel and the gorgeous (and tall!) Carolyn.  So lovely to meet Carolyn in person after at least of year of talking about meeting up.  She's the sweetest and I adore her blog!
I was lucky enough to be invited to the grand opening of the new downtown Seattle location of the Nordstrom Rack before it opened to the public.  I LOVE the new location, seriously it is 10x better than the old one!  I was also able to find some pretty good finds!  Manolos on the left and Marc by Marc Jacobs pumps on the right. 
 
But I ended up with a pair of sassy little red Rag & Bone Oxfords!  They are so not "me" but they were cute and so comfy so I decided to mix things up and leave the heels behind this time.  I also got bright blue jeans from Paige Denim and a couple of bright tops.  (Oh and they were super nice to give us a giftcard to shop with!  Thank you to Nordstrom Rack for inviting me and putting together a great event!)
 
These Chanel babies were not at the rack, but at the regular Nordstrom and I fell IN LOVE.  Aren't they gorgeous?  I hemmed and hawwed and put them back because of the price tag.  But then I spent a month dreaming about them and they actually came home with me this weekend!

Bags that I'm coveting: PS1 Pouch bag and new Chanel releases
The next event was my Madewell shopping event where you already saw the pics :)  Thanks again for those of you that came out!
And ANOTHER event was the grand opening of Noir Lash Lounge in Bellevue! (I brought my camera to the event that's why these pics are so much nicer)  t+j Designs was a sponsor and we added a fun little card + discount to the gift bag (the congrats card is from us!)

Me and my friend G who came to the event with me (Picture is from Noir's facebook) and me and Joyce, the owner of Noir!  If any of you ladies are looking for a place to get lash extensions, definitely check out Noir.  They only do lashes there so they are amazing at what they do!  And they are right next door to Julep (who you know I love too) so you can get your nails done right after you get your lashes done!
Love Joyce's oufit, she's so fabulous!  She's wearing our Gunmetal Braided Necklace which was super sparkly and looked great on her!  I'm wearing the Casadei pumps from above and our Ivory Bangle with Gold Details.
It wouldn't be a month in pictures post without some food right?  For some reason I didn't take that many this month!  But here are a few...  Cupcakes from Cake Envy, hands down my favorite cupcake place in Seattle and not because the owner is the sweetest girl ever (she is) even if she was a big B I'd still eat their cupcakes!  LOL!  And on the right are buttermilk bacon and cheese biscuits that I made loosely following Barefoot Contessa's recipe.  They are soooo good.
 
These two pictures aren't related but I liked them together.  haha. The birthday cake was for my Mother in-law and is also from Cake Envy and on the right is a present (to me - I told you not related) from the amazing designer, Yoana Baraschi that I love.  I can't wait to show you guys!
 

And now just random snapshots that make no sense but I just wanted to include them.  Hehe.  

We bought my nephew these little shoes from H&M.  He has really wide feet and so we were worried they wouldn't fit but they did and he was so cute running around in them!  We liked the sockless look.   I'm not sure mom and dad did though.  ha!  That's why we get to be the "fun" aunt and uncle right? ;)
Savvy got dressed up in green for St. Paddy's Day...
 
 
At the end of March, we finally got some sun!  So I pulled out my bright pink shirt (from Nordstrom Rack) and took the doggies on a walk to see all the pretty Cherry Blossoms blooming.  Also wearing the Charmed Key Crystal Necklace from our new Charming collection.
Oh! I have to mention that I'm still using the Maybelline Illegal Lengths Mascara and it's still amazing!  It really adds length to your lashes and the waterproof one is great, no smudging at all.
I love putting together these posts because I always forget how much stuff happens in a month!  Don't you just love that about your camera phones?  It's so easy to capture everything now!

*All photos unless noted, were taken by me either on my iPhone 4 or my Canon 5d mark II

No comments:

Post a Comment